Monday, December 21, 2009

Cinderella shoes at Macy's


While I was trying on shoes at Macy's, Michael took a shot to show what chaos there was at the store that day. I really, really need a pair of brown or beige heels. The pair I wore to GL's wedding wore out (she has five kids now so that's no surprise) and if I wear the pair of Bandolino's I bought to replace them, my feet are bleeding before I get home (this is no exaggeration.) So, unbelievably, they had dozens of pairs of shoes in my size (5 1/2) at Macy's and most of them were brown. You have to understand that most stores don't even carry one pair of shoes in my size. They start at 6. I tried on several pairs but did so quickly, trying hard not to bore Michael. I was looking at the sale rack exclusively, of course. He took pictures of the shoe racks which showed what pandemonium there had been that day at the store. Then Michael handed me a shoe and said, "Try this one on." What a mistake! I don't wear pumps any more because my foot is narrow and I can't find any that fit. I always buy shoes with a strap of some kind. But these fit perfectly. I felt just like Cinderella when they put that glass slipper on her foot. Why was it a mistake? Because they were $89.00 on sale. I have never paid that much for a pair of shoes. Ever. Don't get me wrong. I almost always buy well-made shoes because they fit me better but I always buy them at rock bottom sale prices. I did pay (or Dad paid) $40.00 for a pair of knee boots in 1970. They were beige and I wore them on my honeymoon. I loved those boots. But really. $89.00 for a pair of shoes? What if I wore them twice and they stretched out and didn't fit any more? What if I nicked the toe? So I didn't buy them. I have no real regrets but if they go on a really good sale online after Christmas, those babies are mine!

1 comment:

swill456 said...

You should have bought those shoes, Susan! I would have, if they had fit me.