Thursday, December 31, 2009

Just a few more minutes


How can it be almost 2010? When I was wearing the above outfit in 1967, I was thinking that maybe I'd see the year 2000. I didn't think much past that. I was also thinking about where I wanted to go to college, what kind of person I wanted to marry someday and whether I should wear my hair long or short. (Answers I came up with in 1967: Baylor, someone just like Michael and short.) I cannot believe all the water that has passed under the bridge since I was a size 3 Junior Petite.

So welcome, welcome 2010. I'm running a new motto past old family friends who always helped us make up a theme for the new year. How about "Grin and win in 2010?" (This rhymes in Texas.) If my readers out in blogland have got something better, I'd love to hear it.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

I was just thinking that we needed a theme, and "-ten" is a unique opportunity for rhymes! Here are my thoughts:

Pass the gin in 2010
Sit 'n' spin in 2010
Bear it and grin in 2010 (or "bare it" if you prefer) (Nathan's)
Recycle bin in 2010
Win again in 2010
Young again in 2010
Circles of Venn in 2010
Playing to win in 2010
Gone with the Wind in 2010
My name is Ben in 2010 (6-year-old's suggestion)
Modern poetry rocks in 2010
5s and 10s in 2010 (6yr again)

Susan said...

Wow! Those are all so awesome. Possible the modern poetry one is my fave. But if I had to go with a theme for the year "young again in 2010" works pretty well for me. Of course, it wouldn't work for you two since you're both still young!