Sunday, December 27, 2009

White Christmas in Utah


We did have a lovely white Christmas. The grandchildren were in fine fettle, my son, daughter and son-in-law were amusing and fun to be around. I got to see my other grandchildren on Skype. Little EG, the one-year-old who lives in Prague, had the chickenpox for Christmas and yet still tried so hard to wave at us. So sweet. Although there were some lovely gifts, the most popular one was a set of mustaches (I'm not kidding) that my son gave to his little nieces and nephews. Wildly successful! My daughter laughed so hard at her kids with full-grown mustaches that she had a hard time taking pictures of them.

The kids said some enormously funny things but it was such a whirlwind, I can't remember them all. One of my favorite moments was when the six-year-old was standing with the fridge door open, air conditioning the room. He obviously couldn't decide what he wanted to eat. I asked him what he needed. He said, "I need something that I can eat with a spoon." He had one in his hand. I offered yogurt and he took me up on it. Another prime moment was the two and a half year old who walked up to her mother and said, "I need to take a bath." Her mom answered, "You need to take a bath?" and she said, "No" and walked off.

It was a great trip. It's hard to go back to work after such a lovely time. But laundry will be calling tomorrow morning.

No comments: