Monday, December 14, 2009

Partay!


Okay, it's taken me this long to throw our first party in our new home in Pennsylvania. Let's not count up how many months I've been here, shall we? We owed so many people hospitality that we decided to have a crowd over on Sunday night. We had sixteen people in all. Way fun! The hit of the evening (as it always was  at Christmas French Club parties at our house) was Apples to Apples. If you don't know this box game, you should definitely check it out. It's some of the best clean fun you will ever have. (And that's the only kind worth having, IMHO.) I thought that our original box had belonged to one of the children. I looked for it in the attic, but seemed to remember that it was ZL's or GL's. So I sent Michael out on Saturday night (after making several phone calls to find one) to buy the party box edition. Of course, after he bought it, I found our original box! But it's okay. The new edition makes the old one look really sick. The new one has some ridiculous number of red cards like 749.

It was a great evening. I had made two Bundt cakes, two pumpkin pies and a dip that I threw together that turned out to be the most popular thing. As all asked for the recipe, I had to admit that it was one of those "a little of this" and "a little of that" improvisations. You really can't expect one to write down everything one cooks, can you? The Mrs. Renfro's (made in Fort Worth, Texas) peach salsa was also well received. Can you believe that they carry her whole line at a local grocery store?

Can you tell that Michael played a few hands of cards when he was a kid? Look at that perfect fan he's holding. He turned out to be competitive. He won one of the three rounds. I only got to play one round as I had hostess-y things to do. I had fun. I hope everyone else had a good time too.







.

1 comment:

Georgia and David said...

Quite the card shark, that one ;) He taught me how to do "the bridge" and my kids think I'm the coolest person in the world because of it.

Of course, I thought he was pretty cool for knowing how to play "Higher or Lower" so I think kids have a pretty low standard for cool.