Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Moving

The travails of moving! Today I'm going to try to find my mail which is lost in some sort of USPS Bermuda Triangle. I'm also going to go to the driver's license bureau to pick up the inevitable booklet. How many feet does it take to stop a car going 50 miles an hour? Who has the right of way at the intersection of a state highway and a county road? How long should you wait before beeping at the poor lady from Texas who is trying to pull out onto a twisting mountain road that's loaded with traffic? (I already know the answer to that one. Three seconds.)

I'm also going to work on furniture layouts for the house we haven't been able to move into yet. I have little cutouts that I will put on graph paper. Guaranteed that our furniture won't all fit. So I have to decide what gets sold and what gets relegated to the somewhat damp basement.

The happy car arrived yesterday so I'll at least be driving around in my own little Miata. But yesterday was the only potentially top down day since November and I didn't get the car until evening. Today it's colder again.

It was rather interesting that both Hillary Clinton and Barak Obama were in Wilkes-Barre yesterday. Who knew that the eyes of the world would be on our little area because of the Pennsylvania primary?

My most important task today is mailing out a birthday card for my precious soon-to-be six-year-old granddaughter.

No comments: