Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pictures at long last!



Here are some pix at long last. The first one is the view of the living room with boxes stacked up to the ceiling. Pretty much every room in the house looked like this when the movers left. This included the basement, the attic and the garage. The second picture is the most important one. It's the Kim Possible sleeping bag that my granddaughter C. was so worried about. See, sweetie! It made it here just fine. So you can come see me sometime and it will be here waiting for you.

My oldest, Naomi, won a huge quilt contest this week. Check out her win at www.killerbeedesigns.com. That call certainly made my day yesterday.

Continuing saga on the differences between Texas and Pennsylvania. I called about a new box spring for the queen mattress today. Our mattress barely fit up the stairs but the box springs was a no go. The movers told me I could buy one in two pieces like a king box spring in Texas. I called several places. They all were totally familiar with the problem (old house with small staircase) and keep the two piece queen box springs in stock. They even make two piece double bed box springs for some really tiny staircases. We'll need a new set of box springs, we'll also have to pay a delivery charge, buy a new frame and pay the furniture company to haul off the old box spring. Makes sleeping in the bunk beds seem more fun that it is!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Your favorite 2-year-old girl looked at your blog and said, "Mommy, I want that blanket." So she appreciated the sleeping bag picture, too. Glad you're back online :)

Susan said...

Eek! Does that mean I have to find another one if they both show up at the same time?