Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Duh!


Okay, so I was without access to a computer for several days. And without access to my own computer for several weeks. When I get cranked up again, I discover that four different businesses are debiting out of my checking account even though I had canceled my accounts. The mortgage company, the phone company, the house insurance company and a phone company that I hadn't used in years which evidently started charging me again when I canceled my Verizon account. I paid off my mortgage. That means that they shouldn't be taking money out of my account for it, right? Duh!

I called the bank and she said that even though we had paid off the mortgage and canceled all those accounts that didn't necessarily mean that the company "knew" I didn't need to pay them any more. She said,"well, they're big companies." Gee whiz! Talk about the right hand not knowing what the left hand doeth.

So here's the message from the chiquita at Wells Fargo. If you want to pay bills automatically, have them debit your check card. Then if they start taking money out they shouldn't, you can cancel your check card number and get a new one. So now I know.

On the good news side, two of my darling grandchildren are the stars of three commercials in Utah and my old high school and alma mater of two of my kiddos got designated an International Baccalaureate World School. And as you can see from the picture, the rhubarb is coming up fine. We have about five big plants so we'll be giving plenty away. My mouth waters just thinking about rhubarb pie!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

LOVE the comment from the Wells Fargo employee. Sounds like Mr. Incredible in the insurance dept. Absolutely amazing that they don't have procedures in place to cancel everything for you. Even if it they can't automate it, they could at least have the person closing out your loan make some calls!