Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Quiet Day

Today was very quiet. Just me in a hotel room with a Terry Pratchett novel. (So at least inside my head weird and noisy things were going on. Thud!) Malheureusement, that was my last book. I'm out of reading material.

Zach had said that he went by the Ridgecrest house to pick up a package and found that no one had moved in. Now I know why. Our relocation agent called to see how things were going. She said that the Ridgecrest house just closed today. Seems this difficult guy who was buying the house found a poisonous spider and wanted the entire house fumigated. It's Denton, Texas for goodness' sake! What were the chances of not finding a poisonous spider? Also, he wanted all the ivy torn down off the front of the house in case of possible termites. Oh man, some poor woman has to be married to this guy! I'm so glad it's not my house any more and I can forget about it. I will just keep our beautiful memories and pictures of happy times there. Considering all the changes the guy has had made to the house, you would think we were living in a death trap! If I were vindictive, I would wish that he would someday have to buy real estate here and have to avoid mine shafts, radon, and flooding.

I think I will have Michael take me out for a hamburger tonight. The problem with this is that they can't seem to distinguish between cheeseburgers and hamburgers up here. I do not like cheeseburgers, Sam I Am. There's a restaurant here that specializes in "hamburgers" and there's not one of them on the menu. They all have cheese on them.

No comments: