Friday, May 2, 2008

Yesterday's post


This is yesterday's post. No whining but I had a killer headache--just like the bad old days and it took most of the day to get over it. But I did have some thoughts. I spent several hours late yesterday afternoon looking for bedding for my darling granddaughter who is turning one and who deserves something really chic to sleep on. But as I mentioned before, this is land of the geriatric. I found three pet stores before I found a store that might have stuff for babies. When I was directed to a Toys R Us, the parking lot was so empty, I thought it was closed. Then I also realized that if there are outlet malls around here, I don't know where they are. I found that I'm quite used to outlet malls where I can get a screamin' deal on quality goods. The DFW Metroplex is lousy with them.

Photo for today is our old fridge which we are trying to get rid of as it wouldn't fit in the garage. (I do love my new stainless steel fridge with the freezer on the bottom.) Four teenagers got all the fuel for their adult growth out of this old Kenmore. So farewell to an oldie but a goodie.

4 comments:

Georgia and David said...

Farewell, old fridge. You used to hold all of our toaster strudels. Yum.

Susan said...

Omigosh, I'd forgotten those. They were so good. Cherry was my favorite. Do they still make them?

Morgan said...

Why is it that I missed all the good junkfood times? I swear we ate spaghetti and canned green beans when I was home, but G&Z ate orange rolls and toaster strudels. To be fair, I do remember eating a fair bit of Marshmallow Mateys.

Georgia and David said...

LOL. That's because I did all the grocery shopping after you left.

I think they do still make them, although I haven't had one since high school. Now I'm jonesing for one, though.