Monday, May 19, 2008

Sisyphus

Sisyphus was the dude who had to roll a huge rock to the top of a hill, watch it roll down the hill, then walk down and push it up again. And according to the Greeks, he's still doing it since the punishment was eternal. The punishment is so terrifying that he has become a symbol of the thankless or repetitive task but he was a pretty terrifying guy. His crimes were many. The settling into the house has reached the Sisyphean stage. Every time I open a box, I move other stuff around to put away the new stuff and I end up with the same amount of clutter I had before. But I expect a breakthrough tomorrow. We get rid of a large item tomorrow when they deliver our split box springs and haul off our old box springs. Plus, we get the storage area under our queen size bed which we have always utilized to the max. And I'll be able to get into the garage and open up all those boxes. Oh joy! Just like Christmas!

No comments: