Sunday, May 25, 2008

Blogging out

I'll be flying to Utah tomorrow to help out my daughter who has a sick one. It's a last minute deal and I'm pretty sure I won't have time to blog. So keep checking. I'll be back on June 2nd and will have lots of good grandbaby stories to share.

Today I got the most miraculous deal. Instead of paying almost six hundred dollars to fly tomorrow to Utah from Philadelphia (it wasn't even in the realms of affordability to fly from Wilkes-Barre) and take pretty lousy flights, I got a screamin' deal on Priceline of all places. They offered me a plane flight and rent car for only 500 dollars if I was willing to take whatever flight the mystery airline offered and whatever rent car company came up. The website promised direct flights which was really weird as there are so few from Philly to SLC tomorrow (two, in fact.) My son-in-law, T, is the family flight guru, and he was as intrigued as I was. So with a leap of faith, I pushed the button and was offered two direct flights on Delta and an Avis rent car for a week. What a blessing!

No comments: