Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Grammie and Me


Here is part of my Mother's Day present from my daughter and granddaughter. The title of the artwork is "Grammie and Me." C's artwork reminds me of her mommy's artwork with its vibrant color and exuberant style. There are two things I especially love about this picture. One is how tall I am and the other is how much I look like my beautiful granddaughter.

I have more hope today about getting things organized, I'm not sure why. And I got a great email from a Denton friend who told me about all the changes there. I was going to say back home but the lines will eventually blur between home in Texas and home here.

And how did it get to be May? My career as a writer has been on hold for months now and the excuses must stop soon. I have a computer and printer now and have found the stapler, envelopes and printer paper. My goal for today is to write just one page of my romance novel.

I just noted in my AARP bulletin that the newest genre is geezer lit. Seems that the market for mysteries where the protagonist is over 70 is growing. Omigosh, I'm actually too young for something! Too old for chick lit, too young for geezer lit. Where is the boomer lit?

No comments: