Thursday, May 29, 2008

Having fun

We're having lots of fun. Baby girl, J, is feeling much better and is a delightful companion. The oldest, C, had her last day of school today so we will play dolls tomorrow and generally have a good time. The weather is gorgeous and my son-in-law cooked hamburgers outside tonight. The kids really enjoyed the s'mores.

We were watching a movie called "The Great Debaters" I think. Anyway it's about the Wiley College debate team from Marshall, Texas of all places. As the four-year-old was going to bed, he begged to stay up and watch the movie. My daughter questioned his interest in this film. He said, "I like boring!"

Last night, G had a meeting so her husband and I stayed home and he taught me how to play Guitar Hero on their Wii. Pretty much fun! I had tried it when my son's friends had brought one over, but I hadn't done very well. Last night D borrowed another guitar from a neighbor and we played as a team. Who knew that deep inside all of us was the desire to become a rock star? He was a good teacher and I did pretty well. The violin training really paid off and of course, since they had legends of rock, I recognized some of the songs. It was hard to explain to G and D just how long ago I dropped out of the rock music scene. I think I stopped listening to rock music on the radio in 1972.

I'm trying to imagine playing Guitar Hero in my living room in Shavertown. It just doesn't seem to fit somehow.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Grammie's a rocker! Woohoo! Glad you guys are having fun. M likes to watch boring grown up movies, too, but he talks through them. Why? Because he's bored.