Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day



Michael took my picture as we were leaving for church. And I took his as he is sitting in our not quite organized office. We had both been assigned talks in sacrament meeting today. I love public speaking so though other moms might not have enjoyed the experience on Mother's Day, I loved it. I talked about how to prepare a son for a mission and Michael talked about what mothers do, using his mom as an example. His remarks were very touching and sweet. We got invited to a Costa Rican family's home for dinner (the food was incredible) and then all four children contacted me. It was grand to hear from all four of them on the same day. It seems I'm famous. G turned her favorite saying of mine into her local newspaper and they published it. When her kids ask what's for dinner she says what my mom always said, "rabbit tracks and wind pudding." When I talked to my mom today she said it was something her mother had said. So that makes four generations of that silly remark.

I could get really sappy here but I won't. I didn't know how it would be on Mother's Day with all my children and my mom so far away. In fact, it was one of the best Mother's Days ever.

No comments: