Thursday, May 15, 2008

Haircut appointment


Evidently there's a stylist here named Derrick who can make your hair look better than it has ever looked. So Michael got me his number from someone at work and I called to make an appointment. The young lady said a little dampingly, "I believe we're into June." I said that was okay so I have an appointment for June 11th. I was lucky to get it. Michael said that sometimes the appointment desk will tell you that he's not taking any new clients and so Michael gave me the name of his co-worker's wife so that she could refer me! My hair is a mess and so a few more weeks will only let the last disaster haircut grow out a little more. I expect really great things from this haircut.

I got to talk to Morgan in Prague today. It's always a miracle to me that I can see her as well as talk to her. And that computer to computer via Skype it doesn't cost anything. I also got to see Martin who kept popping out of bed (he was supposed to be asleep.) It really doesn't matter where you live any more. Communication is so easy and instantaneous. Since the move my webcam isn't working on Skype though. My printer wasn't working for a while after moving up here but I reloaded the driver and it seems to be okay now. It shouldn't have to be this hard to move a computer from one town to another.

No comments: