Monday, December 15, 2008

Goodbye Happy Car! Hello Impreza!

Today I rented the storage building for my Miata, better known as the Happy Car. It's so short it will fit in a 10 by 15 foot unit. Michael will spray it off and we will wait until the roads have been washed off by rain before driving it to the storage facility. We don't want any of the ice melt stuff to rust my car while it's in storage. That's the whole point. It will stay there until spring has come and the roads are salt-free once more.

I will be driving the Subaru Impreza from now on. It is very comforting knowing you have all-wheel drive when you try to negotiate the five-minute drive to church or to the grocery store. There are scary, twisty mountain roads in any direction from my house.

I went to Target today for a microwave cart since our kitchen counter space is the size of a postage stamp. The essential microwave we had to buy is taking up far too much room. When I go shopping, I always park far away from other cars but today it didn't help. Someone too lazy to walk a few yards and put their cart away safely let the wind catch their cart and it rammed into our Impreza. Since the contact point was the metal base, it completely wiped out my wheel cover. Could have been worse. I could have lost a door. It wasn't even cold today or rainy. Just windy. Thanks a lot, folks. I park miles away from you so you don't ding my doors and then you let your carts ram my car. I thought it was just my Miata people were out to get. I've been hit in parking lots twice in the Happy Car and once at an intersection standing still. Now that they're hitting our Subaru, I realize that it's not the Miata, it's just me. Sadly, there are plenty of irresponsible people here in PA just as there were in Texas.

No comments: