Tuesday, December 9, 2008

How many porches do you have?



I received a call yesterday from my firstborn, N, who was wondering what had happened to a package she and her husband had sent. According to UPS, they had delivered it to my porch on the 4th and knowing her mom the way she does, she knew I would call her immediately on receipt to squeal in her ear about how excited I was to receive it. Michael was home while I was talking to her and he wandered around looking for this missing package while I tried to think of more places to look. After he checked inside the sun porch, outside the sun porch, under the sun porch furniture and outside the back door it occurred to me that we do have a front door and it actually has a porch. So Michael opened the front door which no one uses because there is no walkway leading up to it, and, lo and behold, my wonderful new Harry Potter book was sitting there all nice and dry even though it had snowed for the past two days. Naomi finally asked how many porches we have. Two, I realize now. And we have four entrances to the house, one for each side. Doorbells on three entrances. Well, I guess you can't say we aren't welcoming. You can break into our house from any direction.

A new Harry Potter book is always a good thing. This one is a very nice addition to the collection. Thanks, N and T. You're great!

No comments: