Friday, December 19, 2008

Sharing our white Christmas




Good thing no one's coming for Christmas this year. I'd be a nervous wreck about them flying in this kind of weather. I've never seen snow come down like this in my whole life. I mean it. I know what you say about rain. You say it's pouring. What do you say when the snow is pouring? I shoveled maybe six inches of snow off the driveway so that the plumber could get out and now you can hardly tell. (Plumber replaced the faucets in our bathtub. They look really good and now we have a choice other than freezing cold or scalding hot showers.) It was seriously fun shoveling and I plan to go out again later just to stomp around in it. The snow is very light and easy to shovel and it's beautiful. I know the delight won't last forever, but I sure am enjoying it now. The snow plow has already been down the street and now I can't tell where the street is. It just blends in with everyone's yard.

The photos are of our decorations which many of you will remember. But I think they look swell in the new house. The bay window with a snow scene behind the tree and the stockings on the oak staircase really look good. And how many women are lucky enough to have a train and a tuba with their tree?

For more photos, check my Flickr account by clicking on the link to the right or ask me for an invitation to see my Easyshare account to see even more. I'll be taking pictures of the whopping snowstorm when it stops.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

I like the stuff on the stairs. Too bad you don't get to take pictures of anyone coming down on Christmas morning :( Wish we could be with you, but we'll call you early!

Susan said...

We'll be up for your call although you might have to call the home number if we're downstairs. Then we can go upstairs to talk to you through the computer. Many years, we were up before you kids were, just waiting for you to be ready to do Christmas morning. Silly parents! It does seem a shame we don't have little ones to come down those stairs. But every time I go down them I feel like Miss America so they're not wasted.