Friday, December 5, 2008

Snow is pretty

Who knew that I would wait until it started snowing before I went running my errands? I'm usually the one hunkered down in my house refusing to drive in any kind of icy or snowy weather. But it was so pretty coming down (and since it wasn't sticking to the roads at all) and since I now have an all wheel drive vehicle, I decided to do the post office and bank run in the snow. I wore my Santa hat which gets mostly stares around here. (Maybe it's too early, but it's December and it was snowing for Pete's sake!) I wonder if they wore Halloween costumes here to go to the grocery store? I'm guessing not. I was in Utah so I don't know what they did here. Early on Halloween day in Provo, the grocery store was packed with people dressed in costumes when I visited my daughter. And in Texas, a Santa hat or a Halloween costume wouldn't surprise anyone, I don't think. But here in Pennsylvania we are rawther conservative. Oh dear!

Dressing up is one of the things I miss most about being a kid. So I think we adults should take full advantage of the clothing possibilities at Halloween and Christmas.

No comments: