Sunday, July 20, 2008

Amen to the A/C

We have an A/C unit now. Michael put a lot of effort and time into installing a window unit in our bedroom. After months of staying at home and acclimating myself to the lack of A/C, I found it very cold in our bedroom and chose to sleep in the guest bedroom last night under the fan. It does cool off like crazy here at night, but it is still humid. The A/C will be great for our furniture, our photos and all sorts of other things we own. I'll eventually get used to it as well.

I took a walk last night and found that we have the corner on the firefly market in our neighborhood. We have a rock garden to the side of our house that slopes down to the street. The fireflies love it so I sat outside and watched them for quite a while last night. This is pleasant since it is cool in the evening and since there are no mosquitoes! The neighbor cat, Charlie, who keeps down the mice in the neighborhood, came by to say hello. I could tell he was frustrated and would have liked to have caught a few of the lightning bugs. The Pennsylvania Firefly (Photuris pennsylvanica) is the state insect of PA as well. Who knew?

No comments: