Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lockhart Street Wilkes-Barre


Michael and I went out to look at houses my family had lived in in the Wilkes-Barre area. The first place we went to was 18 Lockhart St. in Wilkes-Barre. Arnott Jones, Sr. was living there in 1920, when Dad was one year old. His two sisters, Ruth and Elizabeth are older than he is so they had a family of five in 1920. This neighborhood is still very nice. The home is a duplex and quite large. Dad's family lived in the side closest to you in the picture. Arnott, Sr. would only have been a few blocks from downtown Wilkes-Barre where he worked. This is still a very nice neighborhood and well-kept.

Today I worked on my LDS romance novel for the first time in a long time. I was almost afraid to go back and look at it for fear it would be not as good as I thought. I'm thinking that it's worth pursuing. It is for a small market and there are few publishers I can send it to. I'm hoping Morgan can give me some tips. She may be too busy while she's here but I can always send the files to Prague. It's been a long time coming but I think I have the desire to get back to the writing again. This move disrupted a lot of things including my writing career. But I'm back. This is gonna be fun.

3 comments:

Georgia and David said...

Wow, it is beautiful! And it has been a duplex since the beginning--interesting!

I bet the people living there would love to know about some of the early owners of the house.

nickicolleen said...

These photos are so interesting to see. My husband's family is from Wilkes-Barre. The photo with your Dad's house looks so similar to my father-in-law's childhood home. It really is a small world.

Susan said...

Really! He's from Wilkes-Barre? That is a small world.