Saturday, July 12, 2008

Another day, another Imitrex



Well, all things considered, life has been really good to me. I grew up in a loving family, was provided an outstanding education and have had the benefit of citizenship in a free country. My parents are still going strong, my children and children-in-law are healthy and happy, my grandchildren are a delight and there aren't enough nice things to say about my one and only. But sometimes, I have to admit a little bitterness about the number of migraines I've had over a lifetime. It doesn't help that most people outgrow them at a certain age and that my last doctor said I was rather old to be having them. Swell! I guess looking young has a price tag! Just kidding.
Two days of doing almost nothing drags one's soul down a bit. The worst of it was yesterday morning. Since then it's just been patch, patch, patch, trying to keep the headache from coming back strong. There were some cool things I wanted to do this weekend too. Nobody wants to hear about your headaches. If you don't have them, it's boring and incomprehensible. If you have them, the last thing you need is a reminder from someone else that your next one is on its inevitable way. So to all you out there in Internet land, I apologize. But for the past two days, headache is what it's been about.
The photo is of the fountain that stands in the garden at Oak Ridge where we attended the family wedding. I loved the decorations on the fountain and had Michael take a shot of them. When I mentioned attention to detail, I wasn't kidding. Since the wedding was out of town, the family provided a big air-conditioned shuttle bus to ferry people back and forth. They even provided wipes with Off! on them in case there were mosquitoes (there weren't). Well done!

No comments: