Friday, July 25, 2008

Minor League Baseball Game

We went to a minor league baseball game last night. The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Yankees. What a name! They are a farm team for the New York Yankees. The uniforms looked way cool. The stadium is very nice--nicer than the Fort Worth stadium for their minor league team, The Cats. We were in a private box along with others from Michael's work. The food was almost all meat. I'm not kidding. There was a salad with just lettuce and chicken meat, then there were meatballs, and then there were chicken chunks in sauce. The only non-meat item was rigatoni with lots of cheese. There were snacks like chips, Swedish fish, M & M's, beef jerky and popcorn. It's not my imagination that a good vegetable plate is hard to find.

I got to talk to V and to M as well as Morgan today. What a thrill! They are getting excited about their visit as am I. M wants to see a picture of the sleeping bags. I'll try to get that up tomorrow.

No comments: