Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The baby




It was good to get back home to my little kitchen. I was a little puzzled by a huge stack of clean dishes, pans and plasticware on the stovetop until I figured out that Michael didn't know where to put them. I asked him if he didn't need the cooktop but he said that the microwave was good enough. This reminds me of an ad I read somewhere in the last week about a young lady who is using her kitchen as an auxiliary closet. There was a picture of her in front of her kitchen cabinets filled with purses and shoes. She realized that she never cooked (just ordered takeout) so she just reserved one cabinet for a few glasses and plates, and kept available the microwave and the sink. The rest she devoted to her extensive wardrobe. The lesson here is, it's your house and you should use it in the way it works best for you. This is why our sunroom is a tuba practice room.

I'll post pictures of all the grandchildren one by one. Their faces are so mobile that you can't quite get what a child looks like without multiple pix. So I'll start with J. Note the bottle in one hand and the Wii controller in the other.

2 comments:

Georgia and David said...

Wow, she's cute. We miss you, too. The house suddenly erupted into a huge mess when you left:)

Morgan said...

You're totally right about needing multiple pictures -- I hardly recognize her in some of these! What a munchkin.