Thursday, June 12, 2008

Haircut

Okay, it's not that my hair doesn't like Pennsylvania. It's that my hair texture has changed. Derrick, the highly-recommended cosmetologist, says that your hair texture can change every seven years or so. And that my hair is now officially curly, right down to the roots. Who knew? I thought it was some weird wavy in-between thing it was doing. No matter how I blow dried it, it was always wavy and cranky. So I should be able to mousse it and let it curl and be happy with the results. But he worked intensely to straighten it out yesterday so it looks good today. He also said very randomly that hair coloring is going out of style and that his ladies aren't coloring theirs any more because of a mayonnaise commercial. ???? It seems that Kraft had an ad with a woman with gorgeous silver hair and that after that all his clients decided to let their hair go natural. I looked for the ad on You Tube but couldn't find it. I guess the medium really is the message.

And the tree limb on our hedge was actually our neighbor's favorite lilac tree. She's out of town and her husband dreads telling her that it's gone. So he'll be working on that for a few days. His six-year-old son and I chatted yesterday while the big guys looked at the fallen tree. I asked him if he liked Spiderman and he said yes but that he wasn't allowed to watch the movie since he was only five. And I had thought that I was the last mean mommy in America. My son wasn't allowed to watch the Ninja Turtle movie when it came out because I thought he was too young. The neighbor's boy really is a cute kid and I hope that he and grandson M get to spend some time together in August.

No comments: