Friday, June 6, 2008

Sick leave




Yesterday my neighbor and I were looking at my yard and I started getting stuffy. I figured I was allergic to something in the yard. But today it's a full-fledged cold. I had many plans for today as we are having our first dinner guests tonight. The missionaries are coming for dinner. But all those wonderful things won't get done. I'll manage the food but that's about it. I feel terrible.

I hope I feel like taking pictures of the poppies today. They are enormous. And the iris are lovely as well. We met some more cool neighbors last night. This is a wonderful neighborhood. People who are out walking just drop by to say hello. It's amazing.

On the writing front, I got the go-ahead from The Friend magazine to write a story for them that I had proposed. It's about a young lady from our previous ward (congregation) and her baptism day.

Today's pix are of S. He's a computer and Wii whiz and a sweet, loving child. He loves fancy and likes to dress up as a superhero.

No comments: