Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hail yes



I went to the grocery store about 5 o'clock yesterday afternoon and when I came out of the store it was pouring rain. Not too bad a thing really as I had my umbrella with me. When I got home Michael was already there (very unusual for him to be home before 6:30.) He pointed out the hail that he found when he got home. I was only gone from the house for an hour all day and while I was one half mile away it poured hail down on our house. It wasn't big hail, just large English pea size. And because it's pretty chilly here in the evenings, it lasted a long time. Funny. The only damage it caused was to my rhubarb. It just destroyed it. So I'm baking rhubarb pie right now as we speak.

Today we went put the top down on my car and drove to Frances Slocum State park. It's just a few minutes from the house. It was like being in Canada. Beautiful big lake with huge pine trees. We noticed that they allow no gasoline-powered motors on the lake. It was very quiet and peaceful and the weather was just perfect. It really feeds the soul. It was like being on vacation ten minutes from home.

No comments: