Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Lagniappe



Today I went into Wilkes-Barre to make color copies of an article for a job application I'm making to the Times Leader. This is the paper my grandfather worked for as a job printer. They are looking for correspondents to cover school board meetings and such. Not a full-time job which is perfect for me. Any thoughts and prayers would be appreciated. If this is right for me, it will happen. If it's not, it won't. We felt so much divine guidance pushing us to come to PA that we have to continue to listen and trust that we will be guided to the right activities. I found the job because the newspaper was delivered to us for free on Monday. Seemingly random but I'm thinking that little in life is really random.

In addition, I went looking for something to wear to the two weddings coming up. What are the chances that the first outfit I tried on would be perfect and more than 50 per cent off? That's what happened. I tried on one suit at Macy's and it was perfect. People around the store (and not just salesladies) commented on how good it looked and how well it fit. Amazing. The color is unusual (I won't spoil the surprise for readers of my blog who will see me at one of the two summer weddings) so the shoes were an issue. Shoes are always an issue when you wear a 5 1/2. I tried at three places at the mall. Very few shoes my size at any of them. Then I went to the strip mall that has three of my favorite stores lined up: Marshall's, Dress Barn and Ross. There was nada at Marshall's but they had lots of shoes my size at Ross. I found a perfect pair of Kenneth Cole Reaction heels.

The lagniappe today was the adorable pair of aqua flats that I couldn't pass up at $10.99. Oh, and I almost forgot. I'm a member of the Tuesday club so I got the senior discount. The bummer is that they wouldn't give the discount to me in Denton unless I asked. But here the young lady asked me. Alas, I must look my age (or 55 anyway).

3 comments:

Georgia and David said...

Wow, the Tuesday club? Nice. Cute shoes.

Morgan said...

Sooo classic that you bought an outfit that needed new shoes! Some might say that you do it on purpose ;-)

Susan said...

I have a pair of shoes that would go with the new suit but I wore them to G's wedding and she has four kids now. I thought it was time for a new pair. Reminds me of the mom who made sure to wear her best dress to her son's missionary return and realized from old photos that she wore it to his farewell too.