Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lost in my own neighborhood




Today as I was going to the post office to mail my job application, I noticed that my street was closed. I've explored the neighborhood so little (and haven't seen a good map of it) that I didn't know where to go. So I ended up getting lost in my own neighborhood. I finally got out my GPS system to get me to the post office.

People were very nice. At the post office and at the bank they had advice on how I should get home since my street wasn't open.

I lined us up with a new dentist today. One of the most difficult things about moving is that you have to start so many things over. After twenty-three years in Denton, I know who all the good doctors are and where to find them. This also goes for jewelers, dry cleaners, and hundreds of other service people I would need from time to time. I only have a few contacts here and have to trust their judgment or just use the Yellow Pages.

I've decided to start trying to learn how to use my camera again. After a big rain storm, all the flowers in the yard looked good so I went out this afternoon while it was still overcast. We have a big field of daisies, and also have foxgloves, roses, sedum, clematis and one last rhododendron blooming right now.

No comments: