Thursday, June 26, 2008

Flight to LA

I'm almost packed for my trip to Louisiana. I always check the TSA website for updates to the rules about what you can carry on. I don't check bags unless I absolutely have to so I want to be able to carry everything on board.

They now allow nail files (I have one that really looks like a weapon which I will be leaving at home--I don't care what they say), corkscrews and scissors shorter than 4 inches but do not allow pool cues, snow globes and gel shoe inserts. I'm just amazed at what the thinking is. Musicians are having a heck of a time traveling because in some cases they cannot buy an extra ticket for their instrument.

I'm thinking I need to write a suspense novel about a hijacking by tuba.

1 comment:

Georgia and David said...

totally. or death by violin bow. i've heard those carbon-fiber ones can be deadly.